The Vaxis Storm 800 wireless transmission system features an 800 feet range. It supports up to 1080p60 uncompressed signal transmission with less than 1 ms of latency over the 5.1 to 5.9 GHz license-free operation frequency.
The transmitter features 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs plus a 3G-SDI loop output for local monitoring, and it comes with an L-series battery plate. The receiver offers 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs and has a V-mount plate. Both units also support continuous power via 2-pin LEMO power inputs. Two D-Tap to LEMO cables are included for running power from D-Tap sources.
Both units have an OLED screen that confirms various parameters. The transmitter is capable of multicasting to up to 10 receivers at the same time. The Storm 800 system accepts and transmits camera timecode, metadata, and start/stop flags for ARRI, Canon, RED, Panasonic, and Sony cameras. It also has a built-in HDMI to SDI converter. Both units feature a robust metal housing.
- Up to 1080p60 uncompressed transmission
- 800′ range with less than 1 ms of latency over 5.1-5.9 GHz frequency
- User-configurable frequency bands
- Transmitter: SDI input, HDMI input, SDI loop output; L-series battery plate
- Receiver: SDI and HDMI outputs; V-mount battery plate
- 2-pin LEMO power inputs
- WHDI (MIMO/OFDM) technology
- OLED screens
- Timecode and metadata support
- Multicasting to up to 10 receivers
- Built-in HDMI to SDI converter
- All-metal housing
- Less than 63mW radio power
- 1/4″-20 mounting thread on the bottom of each unit